Guilty Pleasures of the Season
The air is finally cool (well almost cold!) and Halloween is next week. And I have a confession to make…this season brings on a multitude of guilty pleasures that make me so happy and I have to admit I have been indulging in them! What makes me so happy while making me feel a little teeny bit guilty? Here are my top indulgences of the season:
Sugar Rush! Tis’ the Season for Sweets!
- Mellowcreme Pumpkins. You either love them or hate them. I LOVE them! I have to sit on my hands not to purchase them when they come out in August because is..well… August. So I made it to September this year. I bought a small bag and almost ate the whole thing in one afternoon on my way home. Normally I wouldn’t eat the whole bag but with Buckner’s egg allergy I can’t bring them home so a mom has to do what a mom has to do!
- Starbucks PSL Frappucino. Yes, I have indulged in the sugar loaded, calorie laden drink twice this season. But only twice is good right? I never was a Pumpkin Spice fan until I had my first version of the drink frappucino style. Have you tried it? If you haven’t, run right now and get one before the season ends. It is like all things cozy and fall in a cup! Seriously, you will feel like you are eating a gingerbread cookie!
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. I can say no to this candy throughout the year but there is something so Halloween about peanut butter cups. If you come trick or treating at my house, this candy will be present but I am not sure I will give it out.
- The MS State Fair Malone’s Taffy. This is not to be mistaken with saltwater taffy (yuck!). Malone’s Taffy is a unique flavor that tastes like fall to me. I have been eating the confection every year my entire life. It brings on the perfect feelings of nostalgia.
- Caramel Apples. We made them at home this year ( yay for a treat that is egg free) and Buckner loved them. I ate an entire one. So guilty but so good.
- While I am totally immersed in the fall decorations, It’s The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown, festivals and Trick or Treating, I am also thrilled when the first bits of the next holidays start to show. You will never find me complaining that Christmas decorations are right by the Halloween ones. People need time to plan, right? So I get giddy when I see that Walmart has turned the garden section into the Christmas section in October. And yes, I completely allow myself the guilty pleasure of walking through all the holiday joy. I can simultaneously enjoy all the seasons at one time. I am just that talented!
- Holiday commercials. The first Thanksgiving and Christmas commercials started this week which is the last full week of October. I stop what I am doing and watch like a mesmerized toddler. Yes, simple commercials give me all the good holiday feels!
What are your guilty holiday pleasures?
Like this post? Here is another one similar to it!